[Development] QtRemoteObjects (was Replicant)

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Tue Oct 21 14:22:39 CEST 2014

On Monday, October 20, 2014 7:49 AM Branislav Katreniak wrote:
> What about removing the hard dependency of type safe replicas on the rep language and rep compiler? Can we extend moc compiler?

In theory, yes.

> When we write the server objects, we already have the QObject with all the signals and slots visible for moc. Moc could generate the
> type safe replica objects based on this information. This approach enables type safe replicas for existing Qt code base.

Two issues, one technical, one not.  The technical issue is deciding what signals/slots/properties are forwarded.  There's stuff in QObject that doesn't make sense to emit/modify on the Replica side.  Not sure there is a good way to fine tune that without additional syntax for MOC, which isn't needed outside of remote objects.

The non-technical issue is that I don't see changes to MOC for a playground module.

Brett