[Development] [QtIFW] Getting Version

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Thu Oct 23 07:18:59 CEST 2014

Hello developers of Qt Installer Framework!

How can I get the version of the framework?

I know that the program "installerbase" returns a long string that contains the version and it was good.

But:

- The format of this string is nowhere documented (or I just have not found it);

- The application opens a new window (the console) and waits for user input to complete.

It is not convenient for software interaction.

Is it possible to make a program with this flag was issued a short string of fixed format version number to standard output and has completed its work?

Are there ways to get the version of the framework?

Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov