[Development] [QtIFW] Getting Version

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Thu Oct 23 12:05:38 CEST 2014

True (but then again we don't change the format usually) . the --version is primarily meant for debugging purposes.

We could add something like '--versionnumber" that'll just print the number in format major.minor.patch.

Anyhow, I'm curious why you need this in the first place!

> > - The application opens a new window (the console) and waits for user
> > input to complete.
> >
> > It is not convenient for software interaction.

This should be fixed actually in the master branch of the IFW (requires Qt 5 though). Here we print directly to the console if one's attached.

> > Is it possible to make a program with this flag was issued a short
> > string of fixed format version number to standard output and has
> completed its work?
> >
> > Are there ways to get the version of the framework?
>
> $ qmake-qt5 --version
> QMake version 3.0
> Using Qt version 5.4.0 in /home/milian/projects/compiled/qt5/lib
>
> That enough? You can also use the QT_VERSION macro in code if you need it
> there.

I guess he was talking about the IFW (Qt Installer Framework), not Qt itself :)

Regards

Kai Koehne