[Development] Qt3D Examples

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Thu Oct 30 14:28:15 CET 2014

On Tuesday 14 Oct 2014 11:19:01 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> [...]

Right, I doubt that would save us that much in reality and would add to the
complexity.

> also, about how much data are we actually talking here?

Well it can vary wildly but it wouldn't be unusual for a nice example to
contain a few 10's of MB of data. Some can be shared between examples of
course but different types of example will need different assets.

I guess one option is to just live with having the data in the Qt3D module for
examples and then for anything more fancy like a demo showcase we can make an
external repo somewhere else. Perhaps as part of the suggested demo repo
mentioned in the "Optional Dependencies and Distribution of Examples" thread.

Cheers,

Sean

--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK