[Development] Changing GLdouble typedef in src/opengl/qgl.h

Saikrishna Arcot saiarcot895 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:54:14 CEST 2014

I should have mentioned that these libraries are using Qt 4, and it would be non-trivial to change them to Qt 5 just for compilation purposes.

I wasn't aware that doubles weren't supported on GLES. Based on that, and rereading the forum post here (http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=11504[1]), it seems like there are two standards:

1. Accept doubles, use double for internal processing (if any), and cast it to float when calling the appropriate GLES function.
2. Accept and use only floats for both internal processing and calling GLES functions.

I wonder which one might be better to follow.

--
Saikrishna Arcot

--------
[1] http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=11504