[Development] why Qt app performance low on qpa eglfs or wayland

Nancy Zou Nancy.Zou at csr.com
Fri Sep 5 10:39:08 CEST 2014

Hi Millan
> You should answer this question yourself and present the results to us. Only you have your specific software/hardware combination setup properly.

I suspect Qt wati for vsyc somewhere because the normal opengl example only cost 14ms (1 vsync) and Qt example openglwindow need 28 ms( just 2 vysnc)
I think it's strange a simple opengl example run such low fps.
My fb driver already wait for vsync once in eglSwapBuffers. So Qt don't need wait it. So I want to find out where qt hung. Whether Qt wait for some events somewhere?

>Try Linux' `perf top` e.g. or run your application via `perf record --call-graph=dwarf yourapp`. Then do a `perf report` and take a look at the results. Remember to compile your application and all  important dependencies (esp. Qt) in release mode with debug symbols, i.e. at least use the compile flags `-O2 -g`.

I have done this in qmake.

Thank you

Best Regards
Nancy

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com.