[Development] [Interest] Direct-lookup translation, even for English (was Re: get english translation)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 5 21:55:02 CEST 2014

On Friday 05 September 2014 14:41:40 Saether Jan-Arve wrote:
> If we simply provide qt_US.ts, and the user uses windeployqt it will
> automatically be deployed in the same way as other .qm files, and it will
> just work (tm).

I insist that we choose one of two alternatives:

1) provide, deploy inside Qt and automatically load the .qm file for English

2) not require a .qm for *any* message in Qt

Lars's email makes it clear he doesn't want a 2-form tr() overload. If we take
that as guidance, #2 means stripping any message containing plurals from the
Qt sources.