[Development] Quick Android - QML Component Library for Android

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:07:34 CEST 2014

Hi ,

I would like to share my latest open source project here. It is called as
Quick Android, a QML component library for Android.

Project site:
https://github.com/benlau/quickandroid

Main Features:

   1. Provides “DP” unit
   2. Page transition management
   3. Multiple type “Drawable” component
      1. A single component that supports color , image , QML component ,
      simulated nine patch image as input source
      2. Auto scale image to fit current screen resolution
      3. Derived StateListDrawable for animated drawable like button
   4. Theme / Style Engine
   5. Animation Management

Although Qt 5.4 will provide Android theme and controls , I just can't wait
for it. That is why I started this project. Features like Drawable and nine
patch image support is duplicated , but the supported component list will
be different. So this library should still be usable even Qt 5.4 come out.
You may just think it as an add-on library and just pick the component
suitable for you application.

If you have any comment , feature request, merge request , please feel free
to let me know. The project is unlicensed, you may just copy the needed
component into your code.