[Development] Qt 5.4 Alpha released

haithem rahmani haithem.rahmani at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:03:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

Qt 5.4 Alpha release is finally out, see
> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2014/09/08/qt-5-4-alpha-available/
>
> Alpha is source code delivery only. The plan forward is now to create a
> beta (including binary packages) during the next few weeks, see Qt 5.4
> schedule from http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.4-release
>
> Big thanks for everyone who were involved to make this happen!

Great Job!

I'm trying to build the qt-5.4.0 for embedded systems, it builds correctly
except the QWebEngine that is throwing the following

warning:

*Project WARNING: QtWebEngine is not maintained for this
platform/configuration and is therefore disabled.*

So I’m wondering whether the QtWebEngine will be functional or not for
embedded platforms in the qt-4.5.0, added to that will it
be working with DirectFB QPA/plugin?

*regards*
*Haithem.*