[Development] New company name for Qt part of Digia and unified web site

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:51:04 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I’m happy to tell you that we’re making significant progress towards the
> new unified web page that I’ve first been talking about at the contributor
> summit. We just launched the first stage of it on http://qt.io. For now
> qt.digia.com is going to redirect to it. I hope you will like the new web
> page. Please have a look and give us your feedback.
>
> In addition, we also now have a new company name for the Qt part of Digia.
> It’s simply ‘The Qt Company’.
>
> For more details check out my blog at
> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2014/09/16/the-qt-company-introduces-a-unifie
> d-website-and-20e25-monthly-indie-mobile-package/ and of course
> http://qt.io
>
> Moving forward, we would like to slowly move some more pieces that are now
> on qt-project.org over to qt.io. We don’t have concrete plans yet on when
> and what will move, but would probably want to start with simple things
> such as the documentation. Any feedback on this is of course also more
> than welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Lars

I like the site! It looks clear and to the point imho.

But i kinda fail to see the point in having - yet another - domain for Qt.
I mean, we've had:
- Trolltech
- qt.nokia...
- qt.digia...
- qt-project
and now we have qt.io. Yes, it's a nice short domain, but having
domain changes every few years or so isn't very good for the search
results.