[Development] New company name for Qt part of Digia and unified web site

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Wed Sep 17 12:38:20 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 16 September 2014 12:11:26 Knoll Lars wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I’m happy to tell you that we’re making significant progress towards the
> new unified web page that I’ve first been talking about at the contributor
> summit. We just launched the first stage of it on http://qt.io. For now
> qt.digia.com is going to redirect to it. I hope you will like the new web
> page. Please have a look and give us your feedback.
>
> In addition, we also now have a new company name for the Qt part of Digia.
> It’s simply ‘The Qt Company’.
>
> For more details check out my blog at
> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2014/09/16/the-qt-company-introduces-a-unifie
> d-website-and-20e25-monthly-indie-mobile-package/ and of course
> http://qt.io

Hey Lars,

I have a question/request/remark: Currently, on http://www.qt.io/download/, it
says that the "community" license of Qt does not give users the "full rights
to modify source codes". What you probably mean by that, is that while the
FOSS licenses allow you to modify it, you are also required to contribute
back. Anyhow, I think this wording is highly confusing and *at least* a popup
with explanatory text should added. Or better yet, also add the green tickmark
and mention that the contributions must be upstreamed.

We all want contributions by FOSS users of Qt after all, no?

Bye

--
Qt Developer Days 2014 - October 6 - 8 at BCC, Berlin

Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090