[Development] New company name for Qt part of Digia and unified web site

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Sep 17 14:06:15 CEST 2014

Milian Wolff schreef op 17-9-2014 13:46:
> True. But do we agree that saying FOSS users don't have the "full rights to
> modify source codes" is wrong, or at least misleading? I guess so, considering
> you say "That's*also*  nonsense" (emphasis mine).
Absolutely. FOSS users have, by definition, every right to modify the
source code. So yes, the current qt.io site is very misleading there.
They just don't have the right to publish closed source software based
on those modified sources without releasing those modifications to their
users (well, sort off. It is of course a bit more involved than that.)

André