[Development] www.qt.io/download-open-source is broken

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:31:13 CEST 2014

On 18 September 2014 07:32, Simon Sasburg <simon.sasburg at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Well, most sites out there I know start a download automatically if you
> > click on a download button (which you probably did from qt.io/download
> > get to the page you mentioned).
> Well the problem is from qt.io/download there is no choice/indication
> of what is going to be downloaded.
> And as far as i can see, the only way to any choice (download source
> package/get android package on windows/etc) is through a link to
> http://qt-project.org/downloads, which is on the page which
> autodownloads stuff based on the detected platform. Maybe i'm missing
> something, but it would be pretty annoying to be forced to download an
> online installer each time i want a source package...

I have multiple development machines and the download speed can be very
slow. So usually I prefer to get an offline version via another server
using wget. Then copy to those machines. I will never choose the online
installer and therefore I am very confused to find a correct download link
in qt.io . Finally , I switch back to http://qt-project.org/downloads to
get the right version I want.

It will be great if qt.io also provide the links with all versions.