[Development] Requesting removal of qtjsondb

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 19 06:57:47 CEST 2014

On Thursday 18 September 2014 21:46:27 Jeremy wrote:
> I don’t see an issue with removing it from Qt 5. Is there a general plan for
> modules that exit from production-ready status?

Modules that exit from production-ready status need to go through the
deprecation ladder: first Done, then Deprecated (with possibly a replacement),
and then finally Removed. The package should be made to compile with future
versions of Qt. That's what we did for Qt Script Classic, Qt Assistant ADP,
QHttp, QFtp, etc.

However, let's be clear: QtJsondb never achieved "production-ready" status. It
never left "pre-alpha" state and was never released. There's no one using it.
Simply remove the link from qt5.git and leave the repo to rot.