[Development] Proposal: Rename Qt WebSockets QML import

Blasche Alexander Alexander.Blasche at digia.com
Tue Sep 30 14:56:38 CEST 2014

--
Alex

I was considering to do the same a couple of days ago when I fixed the docs for it. If/when you do this please don't forgot to update the docs too.

However why bumping the version?  It would be just a rename while retaining the old name.

If you must bump it it should rather be a bump it to 5.x. This forest of versions is just confusion without no purpose.

> Ideally, the old import name + version number would still be available
> for compatibility, while newer versions would use the new name. Is
> this supported?

Yes this can be done. It's just a matter of testing for both strings in the plug-ins type registrations.

> What does everyone think?
+10 ;)