[Development] Outdated Branch Guidelines and Commit Policy?

Liang Qi cavendish.qi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:55:02 CEST 2015

https://wiki.qt.io/Branch_Guidelines
It's still in dev/stable mode, not the current 5.3/5.4/5.5/dev mode.

https://wiki.qt.io/Commit_Policy
Make sure to follow the Branch Guidelines. Submit against the lowest
applicable branch from which a release is still planned.

I have seen more and more bug fixes are going to 5.5 branch instead of 5.4.
And many reviewers prefer to do that.

5.4 is much more stable than 5.5, that's for sure, and I think the patches
for 5.4 are still valuable for customers and users.

If 5.4.2 is not planned, then it's ok. Otherwise... please update the wiki,
thanks.

Regards,
Liang