[Development] [Interest] Et tu, Designer! Fwd: qt creator 3.3.x OS X with the xcb plugin

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:17:43 CEST 2015

On Tuesday March 31 2015 13:56:33 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I think it is caused by creating a QMenuBar explicitly, without specifying a parent object. That eventually leads to the application icon appearing in the Dock, too, so it would seem that

Not exactly; Qt Creator presumed that if isMacHost() == true, Qt is by definition using Cocoa (which is usually true):

https://github.com/RJVB/mp-port-repository/blob/master/devel/qt5-creator-mac/files/patch-show-menubar-with-xcb.diff
https://github.com/RJVB/mp-port-repository/blob/master/devel/qt5-creator-mac/files/patch-no-dockmenu-xcb.diff

And for giggles: https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/47329/2QtCreators.png

The Designer code is even more blunt: equating #ifdef Q_OS_OSX with Cocoa mode:

https://github.com/RJVB/mp-port-repository/blob/master/aqua/qt5-mac-devel/files/patch-designer-show-menubar-on-xcb.diff

Cheers,
R.