[Development] Why is QTBUG-27186 closed?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Apr 1 23:52:34 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 01 April 2015 16:17:15 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I'm getting a little sick of my users having problems because
> QFileDialog::getSaveFileName does not add the extension. Can someone
> please explain to me why this (apparently quite popular) bug is not only
> *NOT* fixed after so long, but the bug claims it *is* fixed and has been
> closed?

Because the developer who closed it thought it was fixed. The developer would
not close saying it was fixed if he didn't believe it. The fact that it isn't
fixed indicates new information not available to the developer.

So the answer as to why it is closed when you think it isn't fixed is the same
for any bug: because the developer thought it was fixed.

Friedemann commented in June last year that he thought it should be reopened,
but never did so. Maybe he forgot. Maybe he ran out of time and didn't get
around to it.