[Development] Why is QTBUG-27186 closed?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 2 15:46:29 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-02 09:11, Friedemann Kleint wrote:
> the behavior of the widgets-based dialog is equivalent to Qt 4.X and
> that was the end of the story back then. As reading material for Easter,
> I pushed up a proposal to gerrit (
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/109815/ ). I expect KDE 5 will
> (again) provide a spectactular native file dialog?

Likely. Still... equivalent (to Qt 4) or not, it seems clear to me from
the numerous comments both on Qt bugs and on e.g. Stack Overflow, that
users (i.e. not just myself) expect and desire for the Qt internal
dialog to have the same behavior as the KDE dialog.

It may be too late to change this for Qt 4, but please, let's get it
right for Qt 5 :-).

Thanks for repoening.

--
Matthew