[Development] Why are qtbase integrations taking so long?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:29:55 CEST 2015

On Thursday April 02 2015 23:11:05 Thiago Macieira wrote:

>qtbase integrations used to take around 3 hours as recently as two weeks ago.
>In the past week, I've caught several integrations lasting more than 6 hours.
>The one currently running is integrating a single commit and has been running
>for 6h30. I've seen one for 12 hours.

FWIW: in case you have CI/Jenkins bots running clang you may want to profile resource usage/availability. I've seen clang's memory use explode in very specific cases (1 file from the G'Mic project). I've watched it eat around 80% of RAM on a 4Gb linux set-up, after which the system became unresponsive. I've also seen this with MacPorts' clang on OS X, but not with Apple's version (though I now run with 12Gb RAM on OS X 10.9 with its RAM compression tech, which may be enough to keep clang happy).

R.