[Development] [Announce] Qt Installer Framework 2.0.0 released

Karsten Heimrich karsten.heimrich at digia.com
Wed Apr 8 14:14:17 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 07.04.2015 18:56, Berkay Elbir wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> First, I want to congratulate you for your release. By the way, May I
> ask few questions to you?
>
> I have Qt Installer that are being used but I do not know which
> version it is.
>
> - How can I know the version of it?
With the new release there are two options:

   --version                 Displays version information.
   --framework-version       Displays the version of the Qt Installer
Framework.

You should report the issue here: https://bugreports.qt.io

> - When Uninstaller runs it does not check that program is running or
> not and it deletes some of files after that it shows uninstalling is
> successful.
With the new version you can specify a control script for the
uninstaller and check if the application is running.

More information can be found here:
http://doc.qt.io/qtinstallerframework/noninteractive.html
http://doc.qt.io/qtinstallerframework/scripting-installer.html#isProcessRunning-method

Regards,

--------
Karsten Heimrich, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B

Email: karsten.heimrich at theqtcompany.com | Mobile: + 49 <mobile-number> | Phone: +49 30 63 92 3255 www.qt.io |Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/ | Twitter: @QtbyDigia, @Qtproject | Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt