[Development] Qt on iOS retina display

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Fri Apr 10 15:54:19 CEST 2015

On Friday 10 April 2015 15:09:44 Gianluca wrote:
> Hello Martin,
> it’s not Qt … it’s iOS world that works in this way !!
> Even if you develop in fully native iOS with SDK, you can access only to the “virtual” resolution of the screen that it’s always the same for the same devices family and then change the pixel ratio.
> So, for all iPads, even in fully native iOS you alway get the resolution of 1024x768, and you’ve never access to the real resolution.
>
> The funny thing happens with iPhone 6 Plus that it’s very absurd. Because the “virtual” resolution is not even a perfect integer division of the real pixel resolution :-)
> That’s the strangeness of the iOS world; Welcome !

Thanks a lot for the insight!

Just wanted to be sure I do not do anything wrong - because I struggled a lot the last days as Qt told me I only
have 320x480 pixels available, up until today where I discovered this was just because my cmake file
did not explicitely tell XCode that I want to target iPhone/iPad ...

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at