[Development] QML bindings for native Android controls

Nurmi J-P jpnurmi at theqtcompany.com
Mon Apr 13 15:46:07 CEST 2015

On 13 Apr 2015, at 14:50, Jeremy Lainé <jeremy.laine at m4x.org> wrote:

> On 04/13/2015 01:21 PM, Nurmi J-P wrote:
>> Thanks for the ideas, keep it coming! :) We should probably follow the
>> guidelines: https://wiki.qt.io/Creating_a_new_module_or_tool_for_Qt
>

> How about just "android-controls", which would become
> "qt-android-controls" if the project graduates from playground?

I like this suggestion. In the end we will have much more (*) than just UI controls, though. Does that matter from the naming perspective?

*) For example, good background service integration is important for my own use cases. Pretty much the same way WorkerScript works, I hope to be able to send arbitrary jsobjects between background services and UI instances.

--
J-P Nurmi