[Development] Allowing event delivery prior to and after QCoreApplication

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Apr 15 11:56:04 CEST 2015

Knoll Lars schreef op 15-4-2015 om 11:39:
> Well, I’d say we should try to see how much this is being used. I
> don’t think we ourselves use it at all. How much is this used in other
> projects? The central notify() hook is something I don’t like at all.
> It’s very easy to mess things up using it, and I would think most
> people reimplementing notify() need it for the main thread only. So I
> would rather go with approach 2, document this as a change, and then
> try to offer a replacement so people can filter and inspect events on
> threads.

We use it in our applications. It is used indeed as a catch-all
exception handler (I'm not a fan, but ok), but a useful use we also have
that we use it as a debug device to get more insight into what events
are send around the system, monitoring a set of objects and a set of
event types and outputting them. Sure, that's not a common use case and
can be done differently, but we have used/abused notifiy for these.

André