[Development] Qt OpenGL to the linux buffer via a platform plugin

Paul Knopf theonlylawislove at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:34:19 CEST 2015

I have to implement a custom platform plugin that outputs the display
directly the the linux framebuffer. I also need (or I should say, REALLY
LIKE) support for Qt Quick, so I need to support OpenGL.

I have the source code for qtbase open and I am trying to make sense of
things. So I have some questions.

Is there anything in platformsupport that could help render using OpenGL to
a RGBA image to output to the framebuffer? eglconvience? Maybe some other
classes somewhere I could use that don't depend on any type of platform
such as X11/directfb/wayland/etc?

Is there another platform that I could refer to help me here?

What exactly is EGL within relation to QT? I see it used in a lot of
different platforms.

--
Thanks!

~Paul