[Development] Rotating JPEG images by default

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at theqtcompany.com
Fri Apr 17 11:46:52 CEST 2015

> On 17 Apr 2015, at 10:48, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
>

> Ideally the orientation could also be kept as metadata in QImage.

I’d like to see general metadata support in QImage. The closest thing we have seems to be QImage::text(), which supports QString data only.

My specific use case setting and preserving the NSImage “template” property [1] across QImage -> NSImage conversions. This does not really deserve a separate setter/getter: a key/value API would be ideal.

Morten

[1]https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSImage_Class/index.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSImage/setTemplate: