[Development] Playground request: QML for Android

Nurmi J-P jpnurmi at theqtcompany.com
Fri Apr 17 17:13:46 CEST 2015

> On 16 Apr 2015, at 23:01, Nurmi J-P <jpnurmi at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to request a new playground repository for "QML for Android" - http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2015-April/021035.html

> Playground project name: qtqmlandroid
>
> QtQmlAndroid is what I've used as the working title. The playground guidelines say not to include a Qt-prefix, but a majority of the playground projects do...
>
> --
> J-P Nurmi

A big thanks to everyone who participated in brainstorming the name. The source code is now available at http://code.qt.io/cgit/playground/qtqmlandroid.git/. Contributions welcome! ;)

Quoting the README file:

## Requirements

- Qt 5 dev (5.6.0)
- Android 5.x
- Gradle

## Installation

Build like any Qt module. It might be necessary to run 'make
install' in 'src/java' until the build system is finalized.

## Qt Creator

When building the example in Qt Creator, tick "Use Gradle" in

    Projects -> Build & Run -> Build Steps -> Build Android APK

## Notes

The Android 5.x dependency is not going to stay. Proper Android
version handling is just missing for the time being. The goal of
the hackathon project was to create a visually stunning demo.

--
J-P Nurmi