[Development] Building Modules

mark diener rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 01:29:28 CEST 2015

Thiago and Gunnar:

Thank you for your suggestions, yet none of them work.

To shrink my test environment, I downloaded the 2 source code files as a
minimum build test.

http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.4/5.4.1/submodules/qt5-opensource-src-5.4.1.7z
http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.4/5.4.1/submodules/qtbase-opensource-src-5.4.1.7z

And unzipped them to a qt5 directory, with the contents of
opensource-srcxxx.7z in the C:\qt5 directory
and qtbasexxx.7z contents unzipped to C:\qt5\qtbase.

Then I physically remove the qlalr directory and run configure:

configure -prefix C:\Qt541\swin32 -opensource -opengl desktop -nomake tests

The result is still the same, that bloody QLALR is STILL in the build
process!

As per Thiago, I ran nmake qmake and re-run nmake (post configure) with no
success.

So I ask WHY is the build process looking for qlalr.pro when the directory
does not exist before running configure?

Here is the result of configure/make on the above source files and the
immediate removal of C:\qt5\qtbase\src\tools\qlalr from the tree :

nmake <enter>

building feedback....
then...
moc_qhistorystate.cpp
moc_qabstracttransition.cpp
moc_qsignaltransition.cpp
moc_qeventtransition.cpp
Generating Code...
        link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /BASE:0x67000000
/INCREMENTAL:NO /DLL /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /VERSION:5.41 /MANIFEST:embed
/OUT:..\..\lib\Qt5Core.dll @C:\Users\md\AppData\Local\Temp\
nm271C.tmp
   Creating library ..\..\lib\Qt5Core.lib and object ..\..\lib\Qt5Core.exp
        cd tools\qlalr\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\qt5\bin\qmake
C:\qt5\src\tools\qlalr\qlalr.pro -o Makefile ) && "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -
f Makefile
Cannot find file: C:\qt5\src\tools\qlalr\qlalr.pro.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

c:\qt5>

YIKES!

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com