[Development] Building Modules

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Apr 23 02:38:06 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 22 April 2015 18:36:01 mark diener wrote:
> Gunnar & Thiago:
>
> Ok, thanks, that will shrink my build test footprint even more.
>
> I think the magic configure switch is "-nomake tools"  on Visual Studio
> 2013 Win32
>
> I missed it during the scanning of options for configure.bat, and that
> caused much consternation.

qtbase has no tools (the tools directory contains the configure.exe's source
only), so -nomake tools is a no-op. You definitely want -nomake tests and you
may want -nomake examples.

However, the -nomake tools option is recorded so if you built qtdeclarative
afterwards, it would skip building the qtdeclarative tools.