[Development] Rotating JPEG images by default

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 23 14:04:10 CEST 2015

On 04/23/2015 02:34 PM, André Somers wrote:
> What is the problem with using
>
> Image {
>      source:  "someImage.jpg"
>      autorotate: true
> }
>
> Again: note that QImage != QML Image
>
> I don't like globals if they can be avoided. In this case, I think they can.

I could certainly live with that, but if you renamed "autorotate" to
"showWithCorrectRotation" you'd have to agree that it's a rather silly
flag. Of course I want my images to appear with the correct rotation. :-)

I do agree that for QImage leaving the autorotation off can make sense
in some cases. But for QML Image, I cannot think of a single case where
I wouldn't want a JPEG to be automatically rotated.

Ciao,
   Alberto