[Development] HEADS-UP: Qt 5.4.2 release coming

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 20:31:35 CEST 2015

On Thursday April 23 2015 16:58:05 Peter Kuemmel wrote:

>Because the gerrit code is Qt5 not Qt4.

Doh ... I wondered about that and should have realised it was the case seeing the dialoghelper file on the list.

>So it needs a complete review and test by you if it works on Mac,

Actually, I am still working on a Qt 5 version. Porting the OS X specific changes of the Qt 4 patch was relatively straightforward, but the Linux code needs some attention as well. That's a bit problematic because I don't currently have a Linux rig powerful enough to build Qt, but also I can't find the x11/xcb/freetype equivalent to qcocoafontdialoghelper.mm ...
Anyway, the current patch for Qt 5 (5.4.1) is here: https://github.com/RJVB/mp-port-repository/blob/master/aqua/qt5-mac-devel/files/patch-improve-fontweight-support.diff

I looked at the gerrit comments, and one made me wonder: is Qt no longer the product of a European company? I'm pretty sure trolls are a EU species, who if they could write without errors would use an EU language and spelling ;)

R.