[Development] QQuaternion issues with new 5.5 API

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Fri Apr 24 21:51:31 CEST 2015

On Friday 24 April 2015 14:32:22 Gunnar Sletta wrote:
> > While implementing qHash() overloads for gui/math3d classes,
>
> Why are we doing this? a QHash<QMatrix4x4, T> makes very little sense me..

Well, there are are bug reports asking for qHash(QPoint), so it seems to make
sense to _someone_ :)

Esp. for types that don't have a natural total order (=most), and thus don't /
shouldn't have operator<, adding a qHash() overload, as long as it can be done
(it can't for QPointF) is the only way to enable associative containers of any
kind for that type.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470