[Development] Sound routing

Federico Buti bacarozzo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:15:40 CEST 2015

Hi list(s),

I'm in the early development stage of a mobile app and I'm currently trying
to figure out which native API are mapped to Qt and which are not. Writing
native code is not a problem but I would avoid wasting time for reinventing
the wheel. :)

Among the other things I'm concerned with the following points:

1) Is there an API to directly call GPS navigation? Something like the
"openUrlExternally" that works for phone dialling. Is it available or
should I make a native call?
2) The app requires a specific sound routing: if the earphones are plugged,
sound should be hear only on them. If earphones are not available, sound
should be routed to the phone speaker (for smartphone devices). Such a
routing is part of Qt Multimedia for iOS/Android?
3) It seems to me that network information, like the SSID, are still not
reliable on Android (don't know about iOS). To collect them I need again to
rely on native calls?

Thanks in advance to anyone,
F.