[Development] New (optional?) dependency: xcb-util-errors

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at theqtcompany.com
Mon Apr 27 11:15:58 CEST 2015

On 27 Apr 2015, at 00:53, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 26 April 2015 21:39:23 Uli Schlachter wrote:
>> The actual question that I want to ask with this mail: This is a new
>> external dependency. Is it ok to add this dependency to Qt?
>
> How common is that library? What distros often have it? How long have they had
> it?

It’s a completely new library, so nobody has it yet.  But the patch includes a copy of the lib in 3rdparty.  But if it had already existed, we’d modify configure to try to use the system library by default, whereas if you pass -qt-xcb to configure, then it would use the 3rdparty copy, right?  So should we do that now, with the expectation that it will eventually start showing up on some distros, or should we try to always use the 3rdparty copy for now?