[Development] Changes to continuous integration in qtdeclarative/dev

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Tue Apr 28 17:10:05 CEST 2015

On Thursday 19. March 2015 13.16.43 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to give everyone a heads up (of hopefully good news). We plan to
> switch over the dev branch of qtdeclarative to a new continuous integration
> system in the beginning of next week. We currently aim for Monday if all
> goes well.

A quick update on this:

It did go well - sort of :). We've had a few hiccups on the way, but now the
system works rather well for declarative I would say. Also integration times
are down, from about 2.5 hours for declarative down to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
And we haven't even started parallelizing tests across different virtual
machines...

Meanwhile we've also taken it into production for changes to qtquickcontrols2.

Going forward we're working on getting more modules on board, I'm looking at
qtbase in particular ;-). In addition we have a pretty good plan now how we
can make our internal web interface public, which provides a live view into
running integrations.

Simon