[Development] Qt Purchasing in Qt 5.6

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at theqtcompany.com
Wed Aug 5 09:31:15 CEST 2015

On 08/04/2015 04:12 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 August 2015 10:43:35 Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Qt Purchasing is a commercial add-on module developed by The Qt Company
>> which implements a cross-platform API for in-app purchases on iOS and
>> Android. In order to make it easier for third parties to contribute new
>> backends for the API, we want to release it in the Qt Project under
>> LGPLv3/GPLv2/Commercial. I propose to include it as part of Qt 5.6.0.
> Do we have the time to add it a new module and review it in one week?

It's not huge and all changes have been through peer reviews already (by
approvers in the Qt Project). The module has also been in active use for
a while. My plan was to upload the whole history including the peer
reviews (mostly done by Andy Nichols and me).

How do we handle reviews beyond that? Should I make a patch to qt5.git
and collect comments there, or would it be better if I make a mock
change that includes the entire code base so that we can get inline
comments? I'm not sure how this has usually been done before.

I'll try getting it up somewhere today at least, and we can at least try
to get it in time for Qt 5.6.

-- Eskil