[Development] Qt Purchasing in Qt 5.6

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Aug 5 09:59:52 CEST 2015

On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 09:31:15AM +0200, Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt wrote:
> The module has also been in active use for a while. My plan was to
> upload the whole history including the peer reviews (mostly done by
> Andy Nichols and me).

upload from where? and what exactly do you mean by "reviews"? is this a
move from tqtc's internal gerrit?

> How do we handle reviews beyond that? Should I make a patch to qt5.git
> and collect comments there, or would it be better if I make a mock
> change that includes the entire code base so that we can get inline
> comments? I'm not sure how this has usually been done before.

don't make it too meta.
what exactly you want people to review at which granularity level?

> I'll try getting it up somewhere today at least, and we can at least
> try to get it in time for Qt 5.6.

as noted elsewhere, you're past that deadline anyway. so adding it would
be merely an act of bundling, not endorsing, so it is uncritical.

there is technically no major issue with adding the module
post-branching, so let's handle this when i'm back from vacation next
week (i'm so not going to do that from the camping site ;).