[Development] 5.5 CI having problems on tst_qmimedatabase-xml

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 5 16:48:42 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 05 August 2015 10:03:31 Sarajärvi Tony wrote:
> As I logged into that particular machine that ran that build, its
> Users\qt\AppData\Local\Temp is quite loaded with stuff like
> tst_qfileinfo-RYGJOI
> tst_qfileinfo-sXgxSH
> tst_qfileinfo-t6LYMr
> All of those folders.
>
> If I recall, previously the tests began failing as we had 255 or 256 of
> those.

Uh... that indicates that the random number generator is never seeded in the
tests, so QTemporaryFile / QTemporaryDir always tries to create the same file
names.

256 is exactly the number of attempts qt_mkstemp tries before giving up. And
tst_qmimedatabase-xml is failing exactly because the QTemporaryDir creation
failed.