[Development] Qt Purchasing in Qt 5.6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 5 16:54:05 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 05 August 2015 07:53:40 Knoll Lars wrote:
> >The release team decided the new modules should be released under
> >Technical
> >Preview for 5.6 (they came in 5 weeks past the deadline that Jani sent).
> >So
> >there's no rush in reviewing the API right now, as we've given us time to
> >change it for 5.7.
>

> Well, the module has been commercially supported for a while. So it is at
> least debugged and tested for the platforms that it supports.

Right, which means we probably won't find a lot to change (or anything at all).

> TQtC will need to continue to fully support the module in the commercial
> packages, so a TP status for it will be somewhat weird. So I’d propose we
> try to do the API review in the next week or two (as Eskil said, it has
> all been reviewed already once by Qt Project approvers) and then see
> whether we can upgrade the module from TP (as per release team discussion).

The Qt Project cannot do otherwise. There isn't enough time and the module is
5 weeks late.

I'd rather not open a precedent, otherwise anyone might say "here's a brand
new module which I've been supporting for a while, so you can't call it a TP
and you can't change the API"

If you're asking the Qt Project "take it or leave it", the answer would have
to be "leave it, please submit again in one week for 5.7."