[Development] Qt Purchasing in Qt 5.6

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at theqtcompany.com
Thu Aug 6 11:38:41 CEST 2015

On 08/05/2015 04:54 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> The Qt Project cannot do otherwise. There isn't enough time and the module is
> 5 weeks late.
>
> I'd rather not open a precedent, otherwise anyone might say "here's a brand
> new module which I've been supporting for a while, so you can't call it a TP
> and you can't change the API"
>
> If you're asking the Qt Project "take it or leave it", the answer would have
> to be "leave it, please submit again in one week for 5.7."

If no one objects, we'll do the following:

1. Add it as a submodule to qt5.git, but not as a default part of the build.
2. Include it in the commercial packages, but not the open source
packages. Open source users who want it will have to build it manually.
3. Submit for inclusion in the open source version of Qt 5.7 as well.

-- Eskil