[Development] New Module Request: QtGeniviExtras

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Aug 11 17:51:52 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 11 August 2015 09:59:19 Dominik Holland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to request a new qt module repository for QtGeniviExtras.
>
> The current code can be found here:
> https://github.com/Pelagicore/qtgeniviextras
>
> The goal of QtGeniviExtras is similar to QtWinExtras or QtMacExtras and
> provides Platform dependent Qt additions. In this case for the GENIVI
> platform.
>
> GENIVI is an alliance which tries to develop an open standard for IVI
> systems. More information can be found here (http://www.genivi.org/)
>
> Currently the QtGeniviExtras module only contains one component called
> QDLT which is a Qt Categorized Logging Binding towards GENIVI DLT
> (Diagnostic Log and Trace)
>
> In the future this repository could also contain more GENIVI specific
> APIs like a autogenerator for GENIVI's CommonAPI (IPC Abstraction)
>
> As the module should be well accepted within GENIVI as well the module
> is currently licensed under LGPLv2.1

Hello Dominik

I think the idea of having API wrapping some of GENIVI's functionality is
good. How soon will you begin working on the CommonAPI?

But I can't give a +1 right now for the API you have of DLT. That looks like
something Qt should automatically be doing. Have you explored that
possibility? Can you explain why it shouldn't / couldn't be done like that?