[Development] QtWebEngine unbundled of third-party libraries on Linux

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 07:35:29 CEST 2015

> QtWebEngine and Chromium in the Qt 5.6 branch have been patched to
> allow linking with system libraries on Linux instead of bundled libraries.

What upstream changes have the Chromium team made to the bundled libraries
compared to the system ones and are Chromium upstream supportive of taking
patches to facilitate using system libraries?

I'm concerned that unbundling the libraries will break things - either via
bugs, features that stop working or security fixes that are missing from
system libs.