[Development] Qt 4.8: disabling the CI and closing for anything except security fixes

Curtis Mitch mitch.curtis at theqtcompany.com
Mon Aug 17 11:54:17 CEST 2015

From: development-bounces+mitch.curtis=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org <development-bounces+mitch.curtis=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org> on behalf of Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
Sent: Friday, 14 August 2015 22:19
To: development at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] Qt 4.8: disabling the CI and closing for anything    except security fixes

On Friday 14 August 2015 09:41:16 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Thursday 13 August 2015 17:40:24 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I recently tried to fix a very simple bug in Qt 4.8 but I can't get the
> > change to integrate because the CI seems to have fallen into disrepair.
> >
> > Instead of using valuable QA time in fixing the CI for 4.8, I'd like to
> > propose instead that we simply disable the CI for that version and close
> > Qt
> > 4.8 for any submission except security fixes. Gerrit would be configured
> > for pure merging instead of staging, but that would only be enabled to
> > Gerrit admins and they'd only do it after confirmation from the security
> > team (security at qt- project.org).
> >
> > Any objections?
>
> FWIW I think this is they way to go.

Seeing that we have support across the board, I'll ask the Gerrit admins to do
the change.

I'll also drop my fix because it's not a security fix.

We can also close all Qt 4.x bug reports that do not apply to Qt 5 and aren't
security issues.

[snip]

I created a filter for those bugs:

https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=16968

I'll try to do a bulk close of those bugs and reference this thread.

(Sorry about the formatting, on Windows...)