[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Aug 18 08:49:05 CEST 2015

On Monday 17 August 2015 23:25:05 Jake Petroules wrote:
> I haven't a clue why people would bother using old OS X platforms for
> development, *especially* now that they don't charge for it. Plus I think
> submitting to app stores requires the latest Xcode anyways so there's
> another point against it.

Right. In the past, the thinking was that people wouldn't upgrade because it
would require them to pay for it. That reason is now gone.

They may still complain if the newer versions of OS X no longer run on some
older hardware. But isn't it true that all 64-bit capable Intel Mac can run
the latest OS X? Or is there any hardware that would have upgraded to 10.8 but
not further?