[Development] Qt 4.8.7 built with linux-clang-64

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 12:28:33 CEST 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

Sorry for the delay; I missed this message before leaving on a bit of a
vacation.

> When searching for plugins, Qt 4 looked for this build key and compared. If it
> was different, it would refuse to load the plugin.
>
> This functionality was removed in Qt 5. We still store data in plugins, but
> it's just metadata now. We still refuse to load if the encoded Qt version is
> later than the current running one, but otherwise we punt the problems to the
> OS.
>
> You can get the Qt 4 build key by running the QtCore library:
>
> $ /usr/lib64/libQtCore.so.4

Ah. That won't work on OS X even after setting the execute bit (wrong type), and
with my current build on Linux (not using clang) I get a sigsegv.

> I see no reason to spend time on Clang 3.5 with Qt 4.8 on Linux.

Yeah, I decided to drop it too. It might reduce the load on the launchpad
servers I use for building, but that's not a good enough reason to waste hours
trying to ensure those build will succeed by building everything locally.
I'm guessing there won't be a (significant) performance difference in the end
result (compared to gcc 5.1 or even 4.9).

R.