[Development] Documentation proposal: Remove recommended reading list of 20-year-old books

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 09:48:40 CEST 2015

Hi all,

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/threads.html#recommended-reading points readers
to some books about multithreading. These books were published between
1995 and 1997, and have been well and truly superseded by newer ones.

Rather than update the list, I plan to remove it completely. I don't
think this list belongs in the Qt docs, just like how we don't
maintain a list of "learning C++" books. It's easy enough these days
to find reading material for these foundational topics.

Any objections?

Regards,
Sze-Howe