[Development] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48717 - need help

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 1 01:50:08 CET 2015

On Monday 30 November 2015 09:02:55 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I need someone with an ARM board to reproduce the issue and pinpoint where
> the event delivery problem might be. My gut feeling was that it was caused
> by the different platform plugins, my the reporter says that the problem
> happens with XCB too.
>
> There should be no platform-specific code in the event processing code, so
> this sounds like either miscompilation (compiler bug), undefined behaviour
> (Qt's bug) or something as simple as the fact that chars are unsigned on
> ARM (also Qt's bug).

Thanks to Sergio, we figured out that the problem isn't ARM vs non-ARM. It's
Glib vs non-Glib event loop.

To QPA folks: in 8 of 9 event possible dispatchers in Qt source code, the
flush() function is empty. The odd man out is:

void QUnixEventDispatcherQPA::flush()
{
    if(qApp)
        qApp->sendPostedEvents();