[Development] Please do not remove QtWebkit from 5.6 official binaries

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 3 16:05:09 CET 2015

On Thursday 03 December 2015 15:54:42 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> > Besides being possible to use QtWebKit from 5.5 with Qt 5.6, there are
> > also
> > QtWebKit 5.6.0 sources in git, they are just not part of the official
> > release.
> Why not at least package its sources them same way as are sources of Qt
> add-ons?

Because we decided not to. We should not even have created the 5.6 branch on
that repository, because there will be no 5.6.0 release. The changes that
landed on that branch will remain forever unreleased.

Instead, you should build this:
http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.5/5.5.1/submodules/qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.5.1.zip
http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.5/5.5.1/submodules/qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.5.1.tar.gz