[Development] RFC: more liberal 'auto' rules?

Bubke Marco Marco.Bubke at theqtcompany.com
Wed Dec 9 14:15:47 CET 2015

I would like to bring up the a case from creator:

const TextEditor::FontSettings &fontSettings = TextEditor::TextEditorSettings::instance()->fontS
ettings();

I really prefer in that case

const auto &fontSettings = TextEditor::TextEditorSettings::instance()->fontSettings();

Should we recommend forward(universal) references in for loops (which are "const &value" for "const values"):

for (auto &&value : values)

or

for (const auto &value : values)

to show the difference to