[Development] RFF: nullptr rules

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 23:41:26 CET 2015

On 2015-12-09 17:29, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 December 2015 22:47:51 Marc Mutz wrote:
> I'd like to propose this:
>  [...]
>  c) which means no -Werror=zero-as-nullptr outside of headersclean

I just want to say that I think this is fair. The key phrase there is
"outside of". -Wzero-as-nullptr is controversial and I can totally
understand and accept the Qt project not wanting to go there. It's the
*public* headers that (potentially) spill over into preventing other
projects that use Qt from choosing to use -W[error=]zero-as-nullptr
themselves. So only enforcing it there is more than sufficient to
satisfy external consumers of Qt.

(Also; thanks for thinking of said consumers!)

--
Matthew